At-Sunrice GlobalChef Academy
The academy was conceptualized in 1999 by our founder Dr Kwan Lui and started its operations in 2001 with the aim of being an Asian Culinary Academy.
By 2004, At-Sunrice has expanded its vision to embrace both Asian and Western cuisines. Today, the academy is EduTrust certified and recognised by the Singapore Workforce Development Agency (WDA) as National CET Institute (NCI) administering nationally-recognised diplomas, is partnered with America's world class university Johnson & Wales University (JWU) and are members of the International Association of Culinary Professionals (IACP) and the American Culinary Federation (ACF).
1. 2011 marks our 10th year at Fort Canning Park and we have moved to an incredible new campus at 28 Tai Seng Street!
2. At-Sunrice won the Asian Gastronomic Awards of Excellence Electrolux Culinary Institution of the Year
3. Confers 2010 At-Sunrice GlobalChef© Award to 5 recipients
4. At-Sunrice is awarded the Recognition of Quality Culinary Education from the World Association of Chefs Societies (WACS)
1. CEO Christophe Megel received the 7th International Management Actions Award (IMAA)
2. At-Sunrice received the Recognition of Achievements and Contribution to the success of the 1st Summer Youth Olympic Games 2010 by the Singapore Youth Olympic Games Organising Committee
3. National Environment Agency (NEA) appoints At-Sunrice GlobalChef Academy as the official training provider for the "WSQ Conduct Food and Beverage Hygiene Audit" - accredited under Singapore Workforce Skills Qualifications System (WSQ) framework
4. Accredited the EduTrust certification by Council of Private Education (CPE)
5. Confers 2010 At-Sunrice GlobalChef© Award to 7 recipients
1. Accredited with National CET Institute (NCI) by Singapore Workforce Development Agency (WDA)
2. Rolls out WSQ Diploma in Pastry & Baking and 12 WSQ CE programmes
3. Starts the first WSQ Diploma in Culinary Arts, WSQ Certificate in F&B Service, WSQ Certificate in Food Production
4. Finalist, STB Singapore Education Awards for Best Enrichment Programme "Study Abroad Singapore"
5. Officially adopts WSQ curriculum and diplomas
6. Confers 2009 At-Sunrice GlobalChef© Award to 5 recipients
1. CEO Christophe Megel is conferred Chevalier (Knight) in Ordre national du Mérite (National Order of Merit) by the President of the French Republic
2. Accredited by WDA as Quality Provider (QP) for WSQ programs
3. Awarded WGS WSQ Approved Training Organisation of the Year
4. Awarded WGS Electrolux Culinary Institution of the Year
5. Confers 2008 At-Sunrice GlobalChef© Award to 4 recipients
1. Achieves Singapore Quality Class for Private Education Organisation (SQC PEO)
2. CEO Chef Christophe Megel is conferred French Master Chef status by Maitre de Cuisinier (French Association of Master Chefs)
3. Awarded next 250 WSQ culinary scholarships worth S$4.72 Million for DCCSE and DIPB programs, as well as Continuing Education programs
4. Confers the 2007 At-Sunrice GlobalChef© Award to 6 recipients
1. Accredited by WDA for WSQ programs and awarded the first 100 culinary scholarships for DCCSE and DIPB programs worth S$1.5 Million
2. Founder Mrs Kwan Lui receives World Gourmet Summit Awards of Excellence 2006 SPRING Singapore Lifetime Achievement Award
3. Opens new wing at the cost of S$1.5 Million, to include professional Asian and Western kitchens, a Pastry and Baking school as well as a Wine Academy, expanding the professional academy by twice
4. Starts the 15-month Diploma in Pastry and Baking Arts (DIPB) in Singapore
5. Confers the 2006 At-Sunrice GlobalChef© Award to 4 recipients
1. Starts the one-year Diploma in Culinary Craft (DCC)
2. Starts the three-month Culinary & Service Excellence certificate course (CSE)
3. Achieves CASETrust Accreditation
4. Recognised as WDA Approved Training Centre (NSRS)
5. Becomes member of the French Culinary Institute (FCI)
6. Confers the first At-Sunrice GlobalChef© Award to 8 recipients
1. Starts the first two-year Advanced Culinary Placement Diploma (ACP) jointly offered with Johnson & Wales University (JWU) for Asian students
2. Develops the Culinary & Service Excellence Certificate (CSE)
3. Deploys the Study & Work pedagogy with top hotel and F&B outlets
1. Introduces SpiceOdyssey® to the general public - a fun, experiential and educational alfresco event featuring the 10 Kingdoms of Spices
2. Becomes member of American Culinary Federation (ACF)
1. Starts the first professional classes in Asian Culinary Arts (ACA) and Term Abroad (TA) for Johnson & Wales University (JWU)
1. Starts the first class in leisure morning gourmet and corporate bonding.
Values and Culture
In the running of our daily operations, we adopt the 12 Spices approach to permeate and promote our values within the academy. These include sharing our vision, principles, brand values, involvement, teamwork, empowerment, ambassadorship, welcome (hospitality), continuous learning, telephone etiquette, grooming, and protection of our assets.
For problem resolutions, we use the 6-grains process to close culture gaps by identifying the problem, analysing the problem, generating potential solutions, selecting and planning solutions, implementing the solutions and evaluating the solutions.