Posted by: Mia Watson
Online security is a top priority for many users because it is linked to their personal information and financial data. Hence when it comes to protecting their system against security threats users do not settle for anything but the best and Norton 360 is right up there with the best. Norton 360 is a comprehensive security solution that serves as a combination of online protection as well as system performance boosts. What makes Norton 360 unique is that it includes a range of problem-solving and optimization tools that can improve the overall working of your computer. However, this Norton 360 software does not always run smoothly and will sometime encounter errors. This article will give you an overview of how to troubleshoot Norton 360 whenever it encounters an internal error. You can also call the antivirus technical support number to learn more about what to do to avoid this error in the future.
How to resolve Norton 360 Encountered Internal Error?
In order to run Norton 360 users must first subscribe to the software. When the subscription is complete users will receive an activation code or authentication key to verify their subscription. Sometimes Norton will not be able to verify the subscription because of an internal error. This error is normally accompanied by a message that reads “Internal error: We were unable to verify your subscription due to an internal error”. If you see this message then the best way to solve the problem is to remove and reinstall Norton.
Steps to download and run the Norton Remove and Reinstall Tool
· Step 1: Visit the official Norton website and click on the link to download the Norton Remove and Reinstall Tool. (Users should be sure to uninstall the Norton Family software before using the removal tool.)
· Step 2: You can save the Norton setup file on your Windows desktop. In some cases, the file will be sent the default download folder.
· Step 3: Press “Ctrl + J” on your keyboard and downloads list on your browser.
· Step 4: Locate the Norton Remove and Reinstall Tool icon and double click it.
· Step 5: Go through the Norton license agreement and click ‘Agree.’
· Step 6: Run the tool and click the “Remover and Reinstall” option found in the menu.
· Step 7: Press ‘Continue’ to confirm the action and wait for the Norton Remove and Reinstall Tool to finish uninstalling Norton 360 from your computer.
· Step 8: Once the software is uninstalled, close the tool and reboot your system.
· Step 9: When the computer comes on, visit the Norton website again and follow the official instructions to reinstall Norton 360 on your computer.
If you have any trouble with the steps mentioned above or if you see that the problem is not resolved even after reinstalling the software you can call the antivirus technical support phone number and consult an expert for additional tech support. Norton experts are available 24 hours a day to give you the best solution for any Norton internal error you may encounter.